Bump! Set! Spike!!! Registration is going on for our hybrid coed-volleyball clinic which will provide boys and girls an opportunity to learn different skills in a fun, safe and supervised environment. This clinic will be put on by recreation staff and is designed to introduce players of all levels to the sport of Volleyball.
This is great outlet for players to experience working as a team, practicing discipline, and building the proper fundamentals of the sport. Coaches will encourage good sportsmanship in a non-competitive environment.
- Division B is for ages 10-11 (5th-6th grades)
- Practice will be held at Live Oak Park in the grass Athletic Field, Tuesday, and Thursday from 4 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- Division A is for ages 12-13 (7th-8th grades)
- Practice will be held at Live Oak Park in the grass Athletic Field, Tuesday, and Thursday from 5 p.m.-6 p.m.
Saturday Skills Challenge Indoors
Participants will participate in Skills Challenge scheduled on Saturday at First Baptist starting on October 2nd through November 20th, (time T.B.A). Participants will put the skills, they learned during the week to the test with different types of challenges in a fun and safe way.
- Parent and Player Orientation will be held on Thursday, September 2nd at 6:30 p.m. via zoom. The invite and link for the Parent and Player Orientation will be emailed same day of the meeting.
- Clinic starts on the week of September 6th and repeat consecutively until November 18th.
- Skills Challenge starts on October 2nd - November 20th. Location is First Baptist Church gymnasium (time T.B.A.
Registration opens Monday, August 9 and closes until program is full.
*Due to health and safety considerations, space will be limited.
*State and County health and safety guidelines will be followed*
- Upon arrival staff/participants will receive a daily health screening and temperature check during all practices and games.
- Safety protocols are in place, following guidelines recommended by the California Department of Public Health and Los Angeles County Health Department, and the Centers for Disease Control.
- Program follows recommended ratio of 10 participants with 1 staff.
- Staff will wear masks and always maintain social distance along with the participants.
- Depending on current guidelines, masks may be required by participants unless instructed during indoor & outdoor play.
- All equipment will be sanitized between divisions and at the end of each day.