Youth Track and Field
On your mark, get set, go! Registration is now for Temple City’s Youth Track and Field program for ages 7-14 running March 21- May 11. This energetic and fun co-ed program led by Recreation staff will help your child develop fundamental skills in a fun and safe environment. Participants will focus on skill development, teamwork and good sportsmanship.
Registration opens on February 14, and program fee is $25 which includes a shirt and medal. Space is limited, so make sure to save your spot!
Weekday Practice (March 21- May 11)
Practice will be held at Live Oak Park on Monday and Wednesday from 4pm-5:30pm. Participants will practice twice a week for 8 weeks.
- Participants will learn about and train in the long jump, triple jump, softball throw and short and long distances races.
- During the final weeks of the program, staff will begin timed events to help track progress
- Participants will be tracked on a weekly basis by coaches to make recommendations for individual and program workouts.
- Parent and Player Orientation will be held on Wednesday, March 16th at 6:30 p.m. via zoom. The invite and link for the Parent and Player Orientation will be emailed same day of the meeting.
- Registration opens Monday, February 14th and closes on Friday, March 18th .
- First day of practice is Monday, March 22 at Live Oak Park.
*Due to health and safety considerations, space will be limited.
- Upon arrival staff/participants will receive a daily health screening and temperature check during all practices and games.
- Safety protocols are in place, following guidelines recommended by the California Department of Public Health and Los Angeles County Health Department and the Centers for Disease Control.
- Program follows recommended ratio of 10 participants with 1 staff.
- Staff will wear masks and always maintain social distance along with the participants.
- Depending on current guidelines, masks may be required by participants unless instructed during outdoor play.
- All equipment will be sanitized between divisions and at the end of each day.
*State and County health and safety guidelines will be followed*