- Volunteer your time. Local schools, shelters, food kitchens, and hospitals always need support. Help a neighbor by prepping a meal, picking up groceries, or giving them a ride. Or, take time to pass on your knowledge. Why not tutor a student who could use extra help in math, music, or science?
- Share your story. There are so many ways to do this such as sharing your life story with your grandkids. Take a virtual class and learn how to express yourself with the arts! Or, assemble a photo album of important moments in your life.
- Get involved in your neighborhood. Join a homeowner or resident association, or sign up for a book club or other social group. Have a green thumb? Small projects like planting flowers in your yard or cleaning up the community park have a big impact.
2022 Temple City Older American of the Year
Honoring outstanding older Americans has been a Temple City tradition for over 57 years!
Senior Lunch Program – The Senior Lunch program has been modified from its normal format. Meal distribution now occurs on Tuesdays starting at 11:00 a.m. at the Community Center. Five (5) meals will be provided to each senior that has a reservation each Tuesday. Reservations are made by contacting the YWCA directly at 626-960-2995 or 626-214-9465.
Dial-A-Ride – We are now allowing same day sign-up. Senior residents can call in to the reservation line at 626-286-2456 to reserve a ride.
Services times are now changed to earlier in the day as follows:
- Monday through Friday: 7:00am – 8:00pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am – 5:00pm